Friday, February 02, 2007

When to NOT Google

I went and saw a doctor about the cold from hell I was going through and he wanted me to see my regular doctor for a different concern 9the cold was bronchitus and I did get antibiotics from that). No big deal, I made and appointment and I'm seeing my family doctor this afternoon. Which was fine until I googled "thyroid" just to see what the first doctor was worried about. Which was a giant mistake because in the space of two minutes I've gone from wondering what route is the shortest to Normanview Mall to planning my own funeral. Sometimes it's best not to read stuff in advance.

8 comments:

Jason Doan said...

How was the trip to the doctor? Did he do a bunch of tests that he can't tell you the results of for 3 to 6 weeks so you can continue to worry?

crazybarefeet said...

Yes, he did...but he did agree to calling me if the news was good. So I know they tests have been processed. I'll be equally thrilled and pissed off if the weight gain is thyroid related.

Bronwyn said...

If it is, I'm going to get mine checked too. That would be an awesome way to diet. And I can blame it on my health instead of icecream.

Mmmm icecream.

Jason Doan said...

uhhhhhh...I'm thinking maybe may-b is confusing weight gain with weight loss...

Bronwyn said...

No, b/c if weight gain is thyroid related, then the pills for it will make you lose the weight. It was a whole thought pattern there.

Jason Doan said...

ahhh...girl logic...

Bronwyn said...

He says that like it's a bad thing.

crazybarefeet said...

I think he said it in humble admiration of our brilliant mystique.