Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines

And here you all thought I'd get nothing for Valentines! I got two things, as it happens: a singing card from the Caribbean and a BLOODY COLD FIRE ALARM.

Yep, you read that right: the most exciting thing to happen to day was a fire alarm, trucks and all. On a day that was -30 C. and that isn't even counting the windchill factor. The cold, in fact, is what caused the alarm. There are sensors on the roof and the best guess the experts can make is that the extreme cold from the added windchill factor make the alarms go. Totally NOT the day to be standing around. In the end we went into the mainly empty mall next door - you can get frostbite at temperatures like this. So now I have something to say when people ask me what I did for Valentines: froze my fingers to blueness, followed by an extremely painful re-animating back at the office.

No comments: