Monday, February 12, 2007

No, I don't want to see your ass.

'Member how I'm taking up knitting to fill in those few nano-seconds of spare time I have? Having knit two scarves I've decided to move on to something else. So I found a beginners pattern for a throw, or small blanket. I'm going to make it for M., because she likes to cuddle on the couch when we're movie watching. She usually grabs her bedroom blanket...and leaves it there. So I'm going to make something specifically for the couch cuddling.

Once I found a pattern I decided that rather than go to Walmart and buy some weird synthetic yarn I'd go to a specialty shop and get something interesting. So I beetled off during my coffee break to a store fairly close to the office. Ended up with circular needles and four skiens of cotton yarn in a neat mixed denim colour.

I decided to stop in at a nearby drug store to get a tin of tuna or something for lunch as all I'd remembered to do this morning was grab a loaf of bread from the freezer. I go in, find some tuna and go to the counter. I am in danger of being late at this point, but it should be quick because there was only one person ahead of me. I'm standing there waiting when I realize that he isn't buying anything. He is talking to the cashier about his ass (his words, not mine). Telling her what a great ass he has, what with all the walking and biking he does. Asks her if she can tell he has a great ass. Then he turns do me and says "do you want to see my ass? 'Cause it's a really great ass. I work hard at it" (at this point I was counting how many times he said the word "ass"). I turned down his ass-viewing offer, stating clearly that I just wanted to buy some tuna and get back to work. One of the few times I've been anxious to get back to the job! He kindly let me ahead of him. And he was still talking about his behind when I left him behind. Poor cashier. Wonder if he's a regular.

Oh, and did I mention? He was retired, and in his mid-seventies. Yeah, that's the kind of ass I want to see.

No comments: