Thursday, April 30, 2009

Business 101

So one of the reasons my baking business has not paid me enough money to quit the regular job is that I hate the business part of business. I just like to cook, that's it.

The problem is that people want an idea of what I make. And how much it would cost to buy. It doesn't really go over terribly well when the answer is "well, I don't know...what do you want?" accompanied by "well, I guess I should charge...something".

Business is picking up, though, so I have finally made a brochure. Woohoo! So now I can just shove a flyer in the hands of whoever is asking and walk quickly away. Which is also not good for business. Ah well, at least it is a step forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's people you can get to help you with the business aspect for free, but for some reason, I can't remember the name of the organization. It's to encourage women entrepeneurs. Arg! I wish I could remember the name of it!