Monday, April 06, 2009

Mares Eat Oats

Sometimes, dreaming about strangers is a good thing. Much better than dreaming about people you see all the time. I find that when I have a vivid dream about someone I know I tend to wake up confused about what really happened. It was an hour after I’d dreamt that Mayb’s sister got married without telling anyone before I completely woke up and realized that nothing of the sort had happened.

There is – of course! – a downside. For instance, having a fantastic dream about dragons/magic swords/elves/etc. that also includes someone you don’t know brushing your hair…not a good thing. Why? Because should you run into said stranger again, you tend to babble. At least I do. Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsandlittlelambseativy. And it isn’t something you can explain, either. I mean really, what do I say?

“Sorry to babble, but the last time I saw you, you were brushing my hair. Thanks, by the way, because it was fantastic. Wish I’d stayed asleep longer”. No, that really isn’t something one can say. Not this one, at any rate!

1 comment:

Rob-bear said...

Akid'lleativytoo. And maybe even brush your hair in the process.

Weirder things have happened.