Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Size Matters

I've been having some knee problems, and the occasional pack pain issues. I kinda guessed this might be from exercising. Why? Because when I jog using the Wii, I do it barefoot. I like running barefoot outside too, but it's a bit more dangerous. The good shoes I had from my sister eventually died, and the replacements were canvas sneakers, no support at all.

Anyway! Apparently running barefoot isn't just a bad idea it is a terrible terrible idea and should never ever be done, according to my doctor. Drat. I had to promise him I'd get shoes. Proper shoes. So I decided to pay for decent runners, despite the newly braces-imposed belt tightening.

What did I end up spending? $20.00 + tax. Why? Because they were, apparently, not selling because they were so small. If I wear socks they'll be fine for me. So I can be barefoot elsewhere but I will be properly shod for jogging. And they're pretty and pink!

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Yay! Pink shoes!!!

The Blog Fodder said...

What do you mean running barefoot is bad for you. Ethiopians and Tarahumara Indians do it all the time. Of course, they may not be sturdy.