Monday, February 02, 2009

It ain't summer, buddy.

Ocasionally, if it is cold and I'm lazy (and one of those things is always true) I will leave my garbage can at the end of the driveway instead of hauling it to the top. I figure why spend all that energy hauling it over the snow on its little plastic wheels only to haul it back in a week.

Consequently, I frequently find that people have added things to it in the interim. Quite often it is bagged puppy poop. At a guess, because I've never actually checked to make sure. I'm ok with that - I'd rather people were scooping and tossing instead of letting their pets poop on my lawn for me to scoop up after them. Occasionally it is something more interesting, like a broken bike chain or an empty bottle of booze. Beer bottles end up there too, and again I'd prefer that to glass in my driveway. I even found an unopened six pack once too. Yes, I left it where it was.

Today is garbage day, and when I tossed a bag of garbage in before starting the car I noticed that there was something extra in the bin. Pants. Mens jeans, to be exact. I pulled them out. Not ripped, very long in the leg and average waist. I put them back in along with the bag I'd brought out but I sit here wondering under what circumstances - in MINUS C WEATHER - these pants came to rest in my garbage. If there are men somewhere taking off their jeans for no reason, I'd like to know about it. That should be public information or something.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

I came home early and saw a man jogging in the nude. I said "Why are you doing that?" He said "Because you came home early".