Monday, August 18, 2008

Least Likely Dream

I get headaches. Sometimes they are bearable and sometimes they're just not. And when I take meds for the worst of them on of the side-effects is mild hallucinations. Not always, just every now and again. It's very odd and sadly nowhere near as interesting as it could be.

Need a for instance? A couple of weekends ago I had one of those truly terrible migraines. And I took the medicine. And while the headache did go away, as I was lying there in the dark Ky came by and cut off all of my hair. Not really, of course. Merely a hallucination of her. My favourite bit, though, was her saying (in the tone of voice people use when they have something deeply profound to say. Something that you HAVE to pay attention to) "I'm sorry. But really...it had to be done".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My doctor gave me Abien to sleep. It worked, but it also caused me to walk in my sleep. Joe got up and saw me walking across the floor....step....step.... and he said 'What did you do to your hair?" That woke me up. It seems I had cut my hair in my sleep......on ONE SIDE and left the other side long. I had to CUT THE LONG HAIR TO MATCH. And I never took Ambien again.