Monday, August 18, 2008

2 Down, 102 to Go

I have a basement in my house. Not that anyone but me ever goes there, but it exists. It is full of just...crap. Broken things, baby things not needed...you know what I mean. I've been hoping for years to have enough money to get a Loras bin or whatever it's called and have the whole thing just totally cleared out. However...

Ever notice that as soon as you start putting money aside for something, some emergency immediately happens that uses it up? So I have never been able to get rid of stuff.

We are lucky, here, though because we don't have to pay for our weekly garbage pick-up. So I decided that every single Monday one thing from the basement gets added to the bin. I'm guessing that it will be six months before I can tell that the basement is getting better and two years (104 garbage days) before I'm where it needs to be to start work on. Today was day two. One Hundred and Two more pick-ups*.

*Possibly less - baby stuff that is clean and in good repair will be sent to Goodwill.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

Appliances have acute senses that can tell when you are saving for things. They know when to break down or die completely, depending on how much money you have. You have to be very careful to fool them with stements about how poor you are and how you spent every nickle etc. Never even breathe around them that you have a stash of loose coin somewhere.