Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oh Curves, Please. As if!

So there I am at Curves with my girl working out. And they have a sign that says "is your 30 minutes at Curves the toughest 30 minutes of your day? If not, talk to a staff member!".

No, working out - even pushing it is not that hard in comparison. Start asking me to find things, pay for things, sign things and maybe I'll agree. But for the moment the hardest 30 minutes are right before we three leave in the morning:

Mom, Lexi escaped and Jazz is eating garbage...and I think my lunch.
Can you sign this paper because if it isn't in today I can't go on a field trip. Oh, and I'll need money.
Mom, A took my lunch because the dog took his
Mom, where are my jeans?
I need a cheque for band
I need to be at school early
I told a friend you could give them a ride
Where's the toothpaste
M. caught Lexi in the park but now she's all muddy, what do you want us to do?
I can't find the bottle for the rabbits hutch. I filled it with water and put it down somewhere.
I'm going to dad's after school, can someone else come home for the dogs?
Did you put anything with nuts in my lunch because I'm going to a friends house and his sister is allergic
Mom, I can't find the homework I printed last night.
mommommommmommommommommommommommom

That half hour work out is a sweaty bit of peace in my day.

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Yeah, I think they forgot about parenting when they wrote that sign. For me, it totally is the hardest part of my day. Well, that and actually getting out of bed to go. For you? Not so much the difficult.

Anonymous said...

Making oneself exercise is tough enough. Who wants help in making that harder? I know - crazy, skinny chicks.

Anonymous said...

Tend to the dogs. Let the kids tend to themselves, and torch that sign at Curves.