Thursday, October 02, 2008

Meaghan Smith

Last night I went to see Ron Sexsmith at the Exchange. I'd never heard any of his music but I'm trying to get out more (something I clearly need to do, given the looks of incredulity my babies flashed at me when I said I was going out) so I went.

Turns out that it wasn't the headline act that was fantastic but the opening act. Don't get me wrong, Ron was good but Meaghan was excellent. So I bought the four song extended disc and am looking forward to the full album's release early next year.

Her music is cheerful, and really really hard not to want to sing/dance to. She herself is totally adorable too. Pretty, actually. She looks like Ky to be honest. They are both a mere pretty until you look at their eyes and then you realize that they're beyond mere pretty. They both have the kind of eyes that romance writers make their heroiones have. The kind of eyes that latin musicians write about. Hmm. Sounds like I have a bit of a crush on Meaghan. Not for her, if you're worried, but certainly for her music. So go out and listen to her if you have a chance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, I just read this and seriously, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my eyes. Seriously. "the kind of eyes romance writers make their heroines have"? I love you, KB.

crazybarefeet said...

If you are ever in a situation where you need to make traffic stop, whip your glasses off.