Friday, October 03, 2008

Because I'm your MOM, that's why.

So yesterday went far away in a handbasket as I got news that there is some sort of problem with my son's heart. They want to do more extensive testing right away...today in fact. They said to not panic (do they ever say "go ahead and panic, by the way"?) but that they needed to get moving on things. So we're going today and I'm trying - with a complete lack of success - to not worry about it.

My boy must think I'm crazy, though: yesterday getting out of the car ( a few hours after I'd got the news) he said he chest hurt. So I PANIC. Just about leap down his throat. "What do you mean, hurts? How badly? Where (don't know why I asked that, I'm pretty sure his heart is where it always is) does it hurt? What's happening? TALK TO ME."

Umm...mom...I did a fitness test at school and my arms and chest are sore. Just...sore. OK?

Ah. Ok. I'm fine for now.

No comments: