Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Not a Stork

As well as taking belly dancing lessons I've started taking Yoga. And it turns out that I...I can't stand on one leg. Not for long. And not with any grace or stability either. I'm doing the Yoga with Wii Fit. So at the end of the two poses that involved standing on one leg I always get a very calm voice saying "you seem a little shakey" or, even better "you put your other foot down didn't you?" YES. Yes stupid little man in a box I put my frickin foot down. It seemed preferable to flailing my arms around and crashing into the coffee table. So BACK OFF.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do yoga every day and I adored it!! The main thing was not balance at first, but flexibility. Now that I'm old and stiff, I'm thinking about joining a beginners class if I can find one, and start all over. The WII fascinates me when I hear about it, but it's probably something else for me to fall over.

Anonymous said...

What I meant to say was for you to concentrate on gradually gaining flexibility. THEN, and only then, will you gain more balance.

crazybarefeet said...

The kids have a wii; the cost of buying wii fit was cheaper than taking classes with actual humans. Which is probably good - the little man in the box may be sarcastic but he never laughs. Not yet, at any rate.

Anonymous said...

You gotta hate when the electronics start criticizing you - no matter how gently. Tee hee.