Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Killer Cutlery

I meant to post this last week, but things have been hectic.

Last Wednesday was my first day on reference at work. One of the things I had to find was for a woman who was looking for someone hung (aren't we all?) If you're executed for something - back when we did that - all the relevant paperwork is in Ottawa, but we do have a book that has at least the basic information: who did the killing, whom they killed - or robbed, that was a punishable by death crime too - what they killed with, where they were executed. that kind of all stuff. So flipping through the book looking for the name she was looking for, I come across someone who killed his wife and then tried to commit suicide. A suicide which I guess was a success, as he was hung for her murder. His method? A fork. He killed her with a fork. How angry do you think one has to be to successfully kill with a fork?

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

I could do it. If I had to. Or really wanted to.