Saturday, November 04, 2006

An Angel? Really?

If you’re one of the people who read this blog on a semi-regular basis, you’ll recall that I mentioned my crazy blue coat, and that one of the things that I said about it was that is was huggable. So here’s the story.

I was in the mall, wearing the fluffy muppet coat when a woman with a little girl holding her hand came up to me. The woman asks me if its ok if her daughter asks me about the coat. No problem, thinking it would be a muppet comment. But no, the philosophy went thusly:

May I hug you?
Well...ok.
(Big Hug)
You are so soft!
Thanks!
What are you?
(Silence from me. I mean, really, what am I? What is anyone?)
Are you...are you maybe an angel?
Not today honey (I keep forgetting not to call other people’s children honey) but you sure are!
Thank you lady. Bye.

This made my whole weekend last weekend. What a thought - Angels aren’t white and winged, they’re furry, and really really blue!

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

I think she maybe thought you were dressed up for Hallowe'en!!