Friday, November 17, 2006

Affordable to whom?

So there I was, reading the December issue of Bon Appetit when up comes an ad for a gorgeous stove. Beautiful. Truly, I lusted. And in the little blurb it was referred to as beingin the "more affordable factory assembled range". The price tag for this beauty? This affordable beauty? Eight grand. Yup, eight thousand smackeroos. I figure if you can afford eight thousand dollars for a stove, why go bottom of the line? I mean really, how much more expensive could top of the line be? Me being me (something I like to do whenever feasible) I had to find out. Turns out if you don't have to worry about money and you want top of the line, you can get their best baby for thirty-four thousand dollars. American. Plus tax. And Delivery. And Installation. Thirty-four thousand dollars. Even if I won 18 million dollars in a lottery I'm pretty sure I couldn't bring myself to pay thirty-four thousand dollars for a stove.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I win 18 millinon dollars in the lottery I'll by you the $8,000 one...$34,000 is a touch ridiculous, unless of course it comes with a chef, in which case it's a damn good deal.