Thursday, April 13, 2006

A rock is a hard place.

When I start the new job (that could be the 21st- or not, given how things work around here), I am planning on biking to work. Good for me, good for the planet, good for the pocketbook.

I got a head start on this by biking in the evenings after supper this week. Last night M. and I went to Rogers, to look for a movie and drop off some cookies. We didn’t find a movie we could agree on (no surprise there!), so we went from there to L. & B.s place. They have lots of movies to choose from, but no luck there either, so we biked home.

Now here’s my gripe: surely to heaven, all things considered, you’d think that I’d have more than enough padding to make the piece of Canadian Shield that serves as my bicycle seat comfortable. Wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG. That trip was about the death of me. Or the end of ever sitting down again.

If I still intend to bike to work – and I do – my ass is going to have to learn to take more punishment (oh simmer down, you know what I mean), or I’m going to have to buy some sort of sissy seat cushion. Drat.

2 comments:

Jason Doan said...

I gave up on owning a bike after the last one I bought got stolen 6 days after I bought it. It had a comfortable seat.

crazybarefeet said...

My bike, sadly, is not generally in the realm of things people want to steal. Or maybe no one takes it because of the seat!