Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pendulum Swings

Life's pendulum is returning from the dark side and one might even say swinging a bit towards the light. The bank finally fixed things, and refunded me the money that I had paid to get things done by a particular date. A date that came and went without anything happening, leaving me stranded and about as close to tears of frustration that I've been in eons. The bank staff here were very helpful. The over-the-phone Ontario people should be glad they're far far away.

One out of three issues related to the car has been dealt with. The second should get started today and be done by tomorrow, and Friday I will do what I would have done last Friday if the bank hadn't messed up. So car-wise, things are ok, or soon will be. Unless there is some further disaster. Which could happen. Far be it from me to court bad luck by saying that nothing could possibly go wrong!

Kid wise I'm getting better. Yes, I meant to say I am getting better. They're fine. I'm just progressing in the whole watching my babies mature anxiety stakes. The Boy went out on Saturday night. He was going to stay at a friends after the concert. Yes, I met the parents first to make sure they would be home. I'm not crazy! One of the other boys was driving them all home after the concert. And I agreed to that. I didn't even let him know how incredibly difficult it was for me to say yes on that front, particularly with the storm that hit on the weekend. But I said yes. And I DIDN'T spend the entire evening - or any part of the evening - picturing him dead in a ditch or buried - and dead - in a snow bank. I'm getting better!

The eating-better-food and making-healthy-snacks plan - as opposed to the forgetting-to-eat and then scarfing-fat-and-sugar plan has now become a routine that I am used to. I'm not going to make light of the first ten days, they were tough. I was hungry, cranky and tired for most of that particular nightmare. But I was determined to soldier through for at least ten days before I thought about quitting. I remembered from working overseas that ten days is about what it takes me to adjust to new foods.

Exercise seems to be going well too. I no longer look at the magic clock (runs on water and lemon juice) hoping that my time would be up. I sometimes even go over now without noticing. I need to be in serious shape, now that I am an aunt. I'm in training for miles of walking with the twins in a double stroller. Six weeks til I get to see them!

The Boy is closer to Cuba, The Girl is closer to her Quebec trip and I am closer to a really long break from work. So life is good!

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Well, it's about time something looked up!