Tuesday, October 24, 2006

You want to PUSH me? Well...O.K.

I went to Winners on Saturday, ostensibly to look for some turtlenecks but really, whose to say what one could end up buying?

I did, because I felt obliged to, go through the sweater section. As I was looking, a woman wanted to get past me. Being the polite Canadian that I am, I backed up to give her some room to get by. Not, apparently as much room as she needed, as she shoved me backwards into the rack. Now, I’m sure she meant to be mean and pushy (it didn’t look accidental. It looked more like she didn’t care one way or another who or what was in her way), but as it turns out she did me a favour. Ha! Being halfway into the rack I noticed something incredibly snuggly against my arm. Sort of like those incredibly soft stuffed toys you can get, or those fluffy comfy socks. I pulled it out and it was a sweater…my size… in sea foam green.

How great is that? And just the cuddliest thing ever. I almost wanted to make it into a pillowcase but felt that with my inability to do so much as hem a skirt I should probably just leave it as it is. I’ll just have to keep in mind when wearing it that it would be bizarre to continually caress my own arms muttering terms of endearment.

No comments: