Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Clean 'N Dirty

I have an issue with time, here. Every now and again (once a day, and one time TWICE in a single day), I'll go outside, take my shoes off - if indeed they were even on in the first place - and wander around. I stretch a bit, feel the grass beneath my feet and breathe in the fresh air. I swear the air in here is jsut circulated over and over, with no intake from outside.

I was asked today if that was "fair" to the company; spending a minute or two outside for no particular reason. I laughed, as this person is one of the few smokers we have here, and there are WAY more smoking breaks taken than fresh air breaks. Ick. Going outside to get polluted air is how I see it. Apparently though, that's "different". The smokers are going outside for a reason. I, apparently, am going outside on a fancy. Trust me, if I could have anything on a fancy, I'd choose something involving more than two minutes on the grass outside.

In the end we agreed to disagree. Actually, this person agreed to disagree, I agreed to see them as insane.

1 comment:

LynnieC said...

There really is nothing to do in a situation like that except for laugh. I mean, if you spend a significant amount of time in front of a computer you are more productive if you go outside every once in a while.
You should tell that person that you've decided to kill two birds with one stone and are now going to the bathroom on the grass so as to have an actual reason to go outside.