Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No magic at all

So we finally got to try a bit of the cake. And it was....cake-ish. Not so terrible I'd throw it at passing strangers, but not good enough to spend one day baking let alone the marathon that it was*. So this week will be a new coconut cake attempt. A totally different angle of approach. No recipe, just improv on the spot. I suppose it could be worse than the multi-day cake, but only if I burn it or use salt instead of sugar.

*Big puppy liked it. But then I'm pretty sure even a bad cake is better than gimp and lightbulbs, yes?

1 comment:

Jason Doan said...

One of my first ever attempts at baking took place one Saturday morning while the parents were still asleep, I believe I was 6 or 7. I decided I would make some chocolate cookies. I found a recipe in a book and proceeded to pour ingredients into a bowl. One of the ingredients was 3/4c of butter, but the book said if not using butter to add salt. Apparently I was supposed to add a pinch of salt to margarine, not actually poor 3/4c of salt into the bowl.

I managed to make a batch of cookies that even a mother couldn't eat and lie about how good they were.