Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am so very very classy.

First of all, kudos to the guy for deciding a moments embarassment was worth saving me from wandering around with my shirt undone. I myself have wondered what the etiquette is for telling a guy - a guy you don't know - that his fly is undone. I know there are people (and yes, I am sometimes in that group) who say nothing, and let the poor stranger go on about their day. So I'm impressed that a guy on the elevator was kind enough to let me know I was missing a button. Sadly, what he said was this:

Him: "Excuse me, but your shirt is missing a button".
Me: look down, see nothing.
Him: (too kind/embarrassed to say "just below your boob line") ummm...right next to where you've spilled something".
Me: Dying, silently, of humiliation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, that is a GREAT story! I laughed very loud just now.

Rob-bear said...

So which would you prefer? The gentle kindness of a stranger, or showing the world that you're a "loose" woman?

Bronwyn said...

So awesome. Seriously. I love you. How does this happen to you?

crazybarefeet said...

How does it happen? I'm not as careful eating things as I should be. And buttons I guess don't like me. And i don't look threatening so people feel ok with telling me stuff. Or they find it amusing to do so!