Tuesday, January 20, 2009

NOT actually

I actually like to use the word actually. I honestly actually do. So you would think that I'd be ok with other people overusing it, or mis-using it. And I am. Mainly. What I can't decide is whether I'm bothered by its use earlier, or if it was the fact that it was crazy lady that said it (yes, she is still here).

It happened at lunch. As today has been peppered with people chatting at me without end I went upstairs to heat up my lunch and bring it back here to eat. Because I just wanted a moment's peace and quiet, and a bit of a read. Sadly, even the two minutes it took to heat up left overs was two minutes too long.

The discussion when I arrived was about the inauguration (no surprise there). I made a comment (one single solitary harmless comment) that it was nice to be a part of history that was a good thing, not some terrible thing. At which point C.L. jumped in and said "well, I actually remember 9-11". Does she really? At sixty something (or a poorly aged fifty something) remember something that happened so very very long ago? Good for her. Since I was going to say that I know fish that remember 9-11, I decided to leave and eat a partially warmed up lunch.

No comments: