Monday, July 09, 2007

Still not title ability. Perhaps I should look into that. But first mysteries first. And the mystery I want to solve is the puzzle of the water in the bathroom.

In one of the two stalls in the women's bathroom (yes, it is relevant that it is not the men's room) there is water droplets all over the floor. I'm assuming it is water and not anything more unpleasant because the entire wall facing the toilet is also covered in drops of liquid. There is nothing on the ceiling. Nothing on any of the other walls. Nothing on the toilet tank or seat. Just the floor and the one wall. So what is going on?

My supervisor (because I told the two women in the office next to the bathroom. How could I not?) says that "toilets just spray sometimes". I'm having a hard time believeing that. And I don't really want to believe it either. Bidets spraying yes, toilets no.

Any ideas? thoughts?

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

It's true. Sometimes, some toilets are over exuberant in their flushing and thus spray. I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

I'd be suspicious, too. However, if it is a more modern toilet I've seen them sorta burp up some air from the bottom (which I presume breaks up the erm... mass... and keeps it from clogging). Possibly, this is causing the water to spray out?
Just an idea.