Thursday, July 19, 2007

Off to Ascot.

Apparently I learned nothing about buying what I don't need. You know some of my weaknesses, but did you know I love hats? Because I do. I have a small collection of usefull winter hats, and one usefull out-in-the-garden summer hat.

I also have what could almost be classified as a Victorian cartwheel hat. I wore it once. But it only cost me a buck (because who in their right minds buys a cartwheel hat these days?), so that is ok. It sits on a shelf in my closet because that is the only place it will fit.

I also had two totally awesome summer hats. The type you wear to tea with the queen or to Ascot. One I bought in Quebec on a visit home - how can you go to Quebec and not buy something haute couture? - the other I bought in Sidney, British Columbia. Because the store was closing and it was an amazing deal!

I had two...now I have three. Because yesterday I bought a blue hat in the same class as the first two. Because one of the hats I have is black, and the other is cream. So I needed a blue one, right? And it was about a third of the cost of what a hat usually costs, fancy hats being notoriously expensive.

So now I have three Sunday-go-to-meeting hats. The queen has yet to invite me to tea, Taste of Regina no longer exists (the only place one can wear such a hat in public) and I can't afford Ascot. I'm going to have to start wearing the hats to church. Might as well go whole hog and get a pair of short white gloves. If one doesn't have to time travel to 1945 to find a pair.

1 comment:

Jason Doan said...

Start wearing a different hat to gaming every week. The you can be "crazy hat lady". I mean it's only fair that you have a vaguely descriptive nickname to go along with all of ours.