Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Steppin' Out

So I thought that it would be nice if today went smoothly, given that I am going out tonight. And I don’t mean out with kids, I mean OUT out. Grown ups, in a bar. And not just women – women and men! A mixed group of people going out doing something vaguely grown-up like.

The going smoothly plan died when I stepped slightly off balance going onto the step into the back yard. Which ended up with a sprained ankle (but I can walk on it, so how bad can it be?), a tear in the pants I was wearing, a cut on that leg and really muddy hands. New outfit, another start to the day.

And now I am at my desk searching for band-aids and some sort of disinfectant because I caught my finger on something sharp in the photo drawer. But that is now ok too.

So – third thing needs to happen (if it is going to happen) BEFORE I go out and have a nice relaxing evening. Because that would be nice, yes?

No comments: