Friday, June 15, 2007

Old McDonald had a Farm

Wednesday night was a very bizarre night. The people across the alley and one over from us had a party. An outdoors, loud music loud/people party. Until at least midnight. I know it was still on at midnight because I got out of bed to see who, exactly, was living la vida loca on a week night at such high volume. And then I got scared on the way to the kitchen when I ran into my son who was leaving the kitchen with a giant snack. He was wearing a t-shirt and boxers. What he was wearing is relevant to this, ok? Deal with it.

So I went back to bed and eventually fell asleep. Only to wake up at five and discover that somehow, in the night, my daughter had come into my room, as had both dogs, as had my son. Who was, as it happens, completely dressed, right down to his socks and shoes. Does he remember getting dressed? No. Does he remember coming to my room? No. does my daughter? No. did I wake up for any of this? No. Do three people and two dogs fit comfortable on one bed? Decidedly no.

Anyway…time to get up and cook. First things first, though, so I let the dogs out. And there, on the lawn, was an egg. A regular bought-at-Safeway type chicken egg. So I went outside and looked back at the house. Had it been egged? No. Were there any other eggs? No. Did either child know anything about said egg? No. Were there any eggs missing from the six I’d bought the night before? No. We have lots of theories but until this morning no answers.

And this morning? What was the answer that occurred to me this morning? Nothing occurred to me. But there was a chicken in the back yard this morning. A regular farm-type chicken. So the egg thing is probably answered. Definitely answered, and in a fairly typical way for my bizarre life. Can’t wait to see what the weekend has to offer.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Wow. I don't get it. You have the weirdest life.