Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yes or no?

Something terrible has happened. Or maybe it hasn’t. And embedded in that very lack of certainty is my current madness. A friend MAY have done something awful. But maybe not, maybe I’m only imagining it, and reading between the lines. But I can’t ask, can I? I mean, if they didn’t, they’ll feel terrible that I even THOUGHT that they would do such a thing. And if they did, they’ll feel terrible that I figured it out. Or not, which would make it worse. So now I’m going to have to stare at them, to see if guilt is written all over their face. I see that saying all the time, but I’ve never actually seen something like “Guilty as sin” tattooed on a face. “F***”, yes, “Guilty” no.

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything.

crazybarefeet said...

I don't think there is anything you could do or say that I'd question - your ability to communicate is excellent, so I almost always know what you're saying. And if I thought it was something awful you can be sure that I'd take you to task. Because someone has to keep you in line, now and again! I'd take away your hawk morphing abilities if you did something truly terrible.

On a different note, I bet if Lyn did something awful it WOULD be written all over her face - she is very readable. (yes, Lyn, you are).

LynnieC said...

That's so funny. While I was reading your post, I was like "If she's talking about me, she'll get her answer as soon as she looks at me."
I am so readable. I know it. I hate that I am. If I'm tired or annoyed, there is just no hiding it. That must make being my friend really hard because you always know what I'm thinking. Or maybe it makes it easier. I don't know.

crazybarefeet said...

May-b: you didn't do anything. This time.

Lyn: I love that you're readable. It is only of the adorable things about you. I'm sure you're cool in other areas of your life, but in this one you're adorable. Sorry.