Thursday, April 08, 2010

Things your mother should tell you.

You know how y'all get on my case about the...ummm... overspending on things that no one but I ever end up seeing? Well, let me tell you, I'm glad I did. Do. Whatever.

Because whilst your mother probably told you to always wear clean underwear in case you are in a car accident (apparently EMS people and trauma nurses are more uptight about clean undies than blood, gore and various bits of dismembered limbs), you know what else you should have been told?

Wear pretty underpinnings just in case, on a day when you're wearing shoes that really you shouldn't be wearing, you trip and fall landing in an ungainly heap with a torn dress. Because that would be a terrible time to be wearing ancient gray baggy underwear.

There, now you know.

3 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

If they were cute, classy shoes, then Tanya will tell you it was not their fault. shoes good; feet bad.

Bronwyn said...

I hope you were wearing the nice undies. Who did you show them to?

crazybarefeet said...

Al; I'll try to remember than, the next time I'm teetering around in silly footwear.

Bron; yes, of course. A couple of people (women, thank heavens!) from on of the other offices, returning to work. I was happy to provide them with their lunch time giggle.