Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Ups & Downs

Down:
Had to spend money on a tow truck to get the car out of a snow bank*.

Up:
Car is fine, Boy is fine, just feeling a little guilty which is not a bad thing.

Down:
Working with one arm in a sling, and icing it at work and not being able to take pain killers because I'm at work.

Up:
No break, just ligament damage. So no cast, and apparently a broken elbow is a terrible break to get, so this is a really good up.

Down:
Arm won't feel fully useful for a month.

Up:
I have a month before I go visit The Wee Girl and The Wee Boy.

Down: I totally suck at choosing clothes.

Up: My friends rock at choosing clothes, and at choosing clothes on sale.

Down: I want to eat doughnuts. Thanks, Mayb.

Up: NOT eating doughnuts and exercising is starting to show a little bit in the mirror. The mirror that I had to look in to see if I liked the clothes The Girls had me try on. Which I did. Hooray for girlfriends!

Down: There are no other downs. None!

Up: See above. Surely it is an up that there are no other downs?


* The Boy and his friend tried getting it out Sunday night, when it went in. Yesterday The Boy and various other strong teenage boys tried pushing it out with me driving. Didn't budge. Even the tow truck driver said he had to give it quite a pull to get it out. So no, I didn't cave and call for a tow truck right off the bat. We did try other alternatives.

No comments: