Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Merci, Mental_Floss

I've been trying for years to explain my preference for across-the-pond humour over south-of-the-border humour. Not to mention my preference for spelling, grammar, world view, nudity and gun laws. Back to the point! Thanks to a bit from Mental_floss, I have the perfect line. The two shows they refer to are A Man about the House and Three's Company, by the by:


Despite the basic similarities between the two shows, the British version relied more on crisp writing and witty dialog than the slapstick and “jiggle” used to attract the American audience.

2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

I loved Man about the House. It was funny. Three's Company was Three Stooges stupid.

crazybarefeet said...

That makes us both old...I vaguely remember it too!