Monday, June 22, 2009

Buttery Tears

I don't know what y'all do when you're close to crying and really don't want to, but I bake. Pastry, generally. Something time consuming and fiddly, and completely distracting.

So tonight I made puff pastry. Roll, chill. Fold, roll, chill. Repeat. Until you have the required layers of cold butter and pastry. The problem with this method is that you end up with pastry. Oodles of buttery yummy pastry. Or, in this case, three dozen hazelnut Palmiers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily eat them all. But that would serve no purpose, now, would it? So I wrapped up three containers and delivered pastry hither and thither. Which may be weird, but at least I'm not as big as a bus. Yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that today was a day when you felt close to crying but didn't want to.

I'm also sorry I don't live near enough to get some-a those pastries...

But seriously, I hope things brighten up for you!

Bronwyn said...

I am sorry your day sucked. I am also sorry that even though I was close enough for delivery I didn't get pastries -- I mean, to see you.