Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh CBC!

I listen to the CBC in the car. Sometimes in French with Radio Canada and sometime in English. I always feel a little bit let down when they make grammatical/pronuciation mistakes as though they should somehow be abouve such things. What I don't often get, though, is a line so hilarious - during serious news - that I either crash the car or serioulsy wonder if I'm losing my mind and/or hearing. Which is what I thought this morning. I mean really, did you ever think the day would come when you would hear a news anchor on cbc radio say "it is thought that they came from the pirate mother-ship"? Freakin awesome, folks, freakin awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What came next? A deodorant commercial??? I've had a similar situation on one particular station that has the sound of a distant siren, suddenly right on top of me. Things like that SHOULD be against the laws of the universe.