Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things I'd like to have control of.

Apart from space and time, of course. Because who doesn't want that? What I'd really like to do is perhaps not so much control as rule, perhaps. I would like to be paid as though I work full time, but along with sick leave and vacation leave I would like to add the following:
Day is way too cold to leave home leave.
Day is way too sunny to be inside leave.
I'm too sleepy to get out of bed leave.
Book is far too interesting to put down leave*.
I have errands to get done leave.
Fantastic thunderstorm that should be watched from a good -and safe - vantage point leave.
Nookie leave**
I have a great idea for a recipe that I must try RIGHT NOW leave.
I'm totally up for the gym leave.
The dogs need a really long walk in the country leave.
My muse has appeared and I must work on the novel leave.

*This is the leave I would take today.
**Not currently relevant, but it would be mean to deny the possibility!

I've no idea how many days this would leave me to actually, you know, work. So for now errands will have to wait for after work, Curves will have to be after work and Valhalla Rising will have to wait for a coffee break. The book will have to be worked on at its usual rate of one sentence every two weeks.

No comments: