Monday, January 29, 2007

Pointlessly excited.

Honestly, not everything has to be about sex, you know! I’m talking tea here. I read in a local webzine that we had a tea shop. Now, for one who orders tea online alternating with bringing it back with me when I go to BC the thought of a local tea shop really was exciting. Or perhaps pleasing would be a better term. I was going to call Ky on Sunday and suggest we could for a anicecupofteaandasitdown, and peruse what was available in fine loose leaf teas. Girl bonding and stuff, because I finally know another tea drinker.

I decided in the end to go on my own, and to go as me. Wear whatever I felt like wearing and to hell with those who call me hippy-dippy. Forget the overweight bit and enjoy having curves. I’d have some really nice tea, maybe even a scone. I’d buy something new to try at home – Kenyan Single Estate, perhaps? – And in the joy of tea fellowship some to drop off at the three sisters. (More Austen’s three than Shakespeare’s, in case your’re wondering). Sigh. Things aren’t meant to go as planned, ever.

It was a coffee shop. With tea. Three kinds of black tea: Lemon, Earl Grey and English Breakfast. I can get more at Safeway! They had some Rooibos and some herbals but that was it. Sort of a coffee shop nod to tea drinkers. So when I open a café it will have tea. Good tea, really good tea, and lots to choose from because it will be my shop and I’ll be the boss of me.

FYI
http://www.cargoandjames.com/
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

No comments: