Monday, January 08, 2007

Fantasy & Reality, Part ?

I was rolling out pastry for a turkey pie on the weekend, and looking at my new 2007 calendar. Hmm. That's probably redundant. I'd hardly have a new 1998 calendar up, would I? Anyway, it is a calendar of dragons (yes, I know, I'm a geek. Shut up), and as I am looking at the January picture "dragon scholar" I caught myself thinking "that doesn't look right. I don't think that the wing tips have claws like that".

So...as I'm trying to figure this error out, the brain I should listen to more often says "hey, geekgirl, it's a DRAGON. They don't actually exist. It can't be wrong, because there is nothing real to compare it to. It could have three heads, one wing and pink polka dot scales and it would still be right because it is a fantasy. Come back when you've sorted out what is real and what isn't".

3 comments:

Jason Doan said...

you're a geek? My new 2007 calendar is Spiderman...and not cool new Spiderman, 60's spiderman.

crazybarefeet said...

To each our own geekiness! Spidey is an excellent choice.

Bronwyn said...

Mine is puppies. I like puppies. Apparently, I'm not a geek, but I am a little challenged.