Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Alter Ego

I find it vastly amusing when a movie or tv program that I am watching has a character with the same name as someone I am friends with. Not so enjoyable if the name is something like John or Mary, but when it's an unusual-ish name like Ky, then it is AWESOME.

This happened just last night, so I'm still having a good time with it. We were watching NCIS, and the bad guy - or woman, as it happened - was called Kai. Different spelling but the point is we spent an hour hearing about what an incredibly brilliant assasin Ky was. A genious. Unstopabble. And who's to say they're wrong? Maybe our Ky IS a brilliant assasin. Could happen!

2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Her comment on May-B's clean car blog slayed me. Does that count?

Somehow the notion of Sister Mary Ky actually killing anything is a stretch.

Anonymous said...

The strange thing about that is that it WAS a woman. Almost everyone else named Kai/Ky/Kye is a man. I am told all the time that I've got a man's name. Or a lube's name. Meh. I still like it.

And if I told you I was an assassin, I'd have to kill you.